Interclub Competition With Leamington 6th March 2018

April 04, 2018  •  Leave a Comment

We now have the fully verified results from the Leamington Interclub competition.

As you may already know: Overall, Leamington beat us by 373 points to 344 points. In Prints that was 190 to our 167 and in PDI's 183 to our 177, so we were better with PDI's than Prints.

The Judge was Warren Alani ARPS DPAGB AFIAP BPE4* so he had plenty of "knowledge" on which to base his judgements - pity he picked the wrong team! His basis for marking was 65% for composition and technical competence  and the remaining 35% for the impact and the appeal of the image to him as a Judge. Overall his comments were fair with quite a lot of waffle included!

So what can we Learn from the Experience?

As always, images that have previously been successful don't always get good marks - no surprises there.

Our best mark of the night for SPG was for Dick's Mono DPI - The Loneliness of Old Age, which scored 17 points, and our best Print score was again one of Dick's Monos - Embrace - (Rugby pic) - scoring 16 points.

Overall we gained a fair number of good to average marks from both new and previous work, but the more exceptional ones went to Leamington.

The Lesson - We Must do Better!!

Stewart Band, Chairman.

 

Results of the Print Competition.

 

Title

Author

SPG

Leam

1

Shyly Smiling

Mary Kirkby

13

14

2

Homeward Bound

Malcolm Ranieri

13

15

3

Worcester Cathedral

Phil Welch

14

15

4

The Conductor

Cliff Armstrong

15

15

5

Storm Approaching

Brian Cole

15

19

6

The Open Door

Mary Kirkby

15

17

7

Small Copper

Jill Orme

13

14

8

Art Critics

Michael Robertson-Smith

12

15

9

Shackleton Stalled

Stewart Band

12

16

10

Alone

Dick Prior

15

17

11

Great Central Departure

Malcolm Ranieri

14

16

12

Embrace

Dick Prior

16

17

 

 

Totals

167

190

 

Results of the Projected Images Competition.

 

Title

Author

SPG

Leam

1

Coastal Walk

Stewart Band

13

14

2

Corn Bunting Singing

Derek Walton

15

14

3

Chequered Skipper

Derek Walton

16

15

4

Helen Flapper Style

Malcolm Ranieri

14

12

5

Loneliness of Old Age

Dick Prior

17

13

6

Painting the Gulls

David Howard

14

18

7

Peacock Queen

Dick Prior

14

13

8

Polar Bear Mother with Cubs

Heather Wood

15

14

9

Resting Hyena

Mary Kirkby

15

20

10

Swing Lee Low

John Edwards

15

17

11

This Way

Stewart Band

14

16

12

Holy Trinity – Stratford

Phil Welch

15

17

 

 

Totals

177

183

 

 


Comments

No comments posted.
Loading...