Stratford Photo Group 2018-19 Programme
Welcome to the 2018-19 Stratford Photo Group Programme.
This season, the programme takes a different format from previous years but contains all the internal competitions, inter-club competitions, high quality speakers, discerning judges and members’ events that you expect.
We start the programme on Tue 18 Sep with the first of our invited speakers: “Tales of the Unexpected”, a talk by Peter Siviter EFIAP DPAGB illustrated with Prints and Audio-Visuals. This is followed on Tue 25 Sep by our usual “Show & Tell” session for members to show images taken over the summer.
From Oct to May, we have three meetings a month made up of the following:
- Another 5 invited speakers (6 external speakers in total - one more than last season):
- Darren Leeson LRPS “Mainly Street Photography”
- Roger Butler LRPS “Midland Waterways - Then & Now”
- Mike Sharples ARPS MPAGB EFIAP BPE5* “A Few Happy Snaps”
- Colin Harrison 3Fs 3Ms APAGB EFIAP/p “New Digital Adventure – Be Creative”
- Tim Pile London Salon of Photography “Have I Got Nudes For You”
- 3 Merit Competitions combining Prints & DPIs on the same evening with 2 Prints & 2 Projected Images from each participant
- Annual Panels Competition with 2 Panels from each participant per section – colour, mono, nature, creative
- Annual Cups Competition with 2 Prints & 2 Projected Images from each participant per section – colour, mono, nature, creative
- 4 Inter-Club Competitions (3 at our Bishopton Clubhouse; 1 at Banbury Camera Club) including the light-hearted 3-way “Match That” with Evesham & Studley
- Another 5 members’ evenings:
- Mono Interest Group presents members’ black & white work
- “It’s A Knockout” - a light-hearted competition in which the audience decides which of two images goes into the next round until a winner is selected
- Christmas Event – a fun social for members
- Audio-visuals – members show their audio-visual work
- Malcolm’s Treasure Hunt – 8 images on a USB: 1 from each of the following categories:
- Dereliction; Water; Street; Abstract; Creature;Architecture; Plant; Transport
- 3 Workshops
- Using Flash & Studio lighting
- Camera & Processing techniques
- To Be Decided
- Banbury Presents & Stratford Presents – some members of each club give a presentation to the members of the other club.
We finish the season with our Annual General Meeting on 04 June.
PDF copy of programme - 25th June 2018